Saturday, January 21, 2017

Evaluating New Hitches

My objectives for the new hitch were as follows;
  1. Reduce hitch/unhitch time
  2. Reduce unwanted grease around my trailer (the dogs and I constantly getting it on us)
  3. Increase ease of storage of the hitch (Weight/size of bars/hitch head, friction sway control)
All without introducing any negative affects to my towing experience.

Based on reviews on the web I narrowed my search down to Blue Ox Sway Pro and Andersen No Sway hitches.  Both hitches are in the $600 range.

1.  Reduce Hitch/Unhitch Time
While both hitches would reduce hitch time (having integrated sway control) the Andersen seemed to further reduce hitch time since I could complete the entire hitch/unhitch process from one side of the trailer.  

2.  Reduce Unwanted Grease
While both hitches reduced exposure to grease, the Andersen completely eliminates the need for grease period. 

3.  Increase Ease of Storage
Lifting the heavy hitch head is always a pain.  I store mine in my storage compartment on the travel trailer so the bulk of the head is a detractor as well.  In this case, the hitch head of the Blue Ox is comparable to my old round bar hitch so I preferred the small and light Andersen.

1 comment:

  1. Pachinko Restaurant | Mapyro
    The Poker Room at Pachinko features 2 poker tables. The 논산 출장샵 Poker 구리 출장안마 Room at Pachinko features 2 tables with blackjack, 2 poker tables. 파주 출장안마 It's a 경산 출장샵 great place 목포 출장샵 to

    ReplyDelete