Saturday, January 21, 2017

Awaiting response from Andersen

As I am patiently waiting to hear from Andersen I begin to look at the overall installation of the hitch on my trailer setup.
It dawns on me that by design of the hitch, the chain links will always wear out the brackets.   This is based on the downward angle of the chains compared to the upward angle of the brackets.  The picture below is from Andersen's website:

It is clear that the chains and the brackets should be in a somewhat straight line in order to work correctly without wearing parts out.  Note this setup has a topside coupler. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the 2 pictures, the triangle plate on the RV is upside down from the demo unit. That creates additional stress on the trailer side at the bottom of the bushing and the top vehicle side. Imagine the ball is a 10' long pipe with the trailer pulling aft on the bottom and the truck pulling forward on the top of the lever. Also, the frame brackets have rotated. Let me know if this helps. I am considering Andersed WDH for my soon to be No Bo 19.5. Thanks, Gene

    ReplyDelete